98.5 KLUC’S ‘FLY IN JULY’ OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern the 98.5 KLUC’S Flyin July promotion (the “Promotion”), which is being conducted by KLUC (the “Station”). The Promotion begins on Monday, July 24th , 2017 and ends on Friday, July 28th , 2017 (the “Promotion Dates”).
- To enter on-air, listen to the Stationon-air each weekday beginning on Monday, July 24th , 2017 and ending on Friday, July 28th , 2017 between the hours of 7:00am-6:00pm Pacific Time Zone for the announcement of the cue to call which will be whenever the song of the day is played. The song of the day will be announce each morning with Chet Buchanan & the Morning Zoo. Upon hearing the song of the day, caller 25 to get through to the Station contest line at 702-364-9898 will win a Qualifying Prize and will have the opportunity to win the Grand Prize by correctly naming the artists whose voices were aired as part of the clip in order, upon confirmation of eligibility (each deemed a “Qualifier”). At the time of entrant’s call, entrant will be required to provide all information requested including entrant’s full name, complete address (including zip code), day and evening phone numbers and date of birth in order to be eligible to win. P.O. Boxes are not permitted. In the event that the selected caller is disconnected or is found to be ineligible, the next eligible caller who successfully makes it through on the call-in line and completes the call will be a Qualifying Prize Winner. In the event the caller correctly names the artists whose voices were aired as part of the clip, the Grand Prize will be awarded and the contest will end. If no callers can guess all artists correctly then the Grand Prize will be awarded through a random drawing between all Qualifying Prize Winners. There is no limit to the number of times a listener may attempt to call in to win, but a listener may be deemed a Qualifier only once.
- There will be up to a total of twenty-five (25) Qualifying PrizeWinners and up to one (1) Grand Prize winner selected in the Promotion.
- Due to delays in the online streaming of the Station’s broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in or may be disadvantaged in participating in on-air contests. Entrants are encouraged to listen to the Station on-air. The Station is not responsible for online streaming delays.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are 21 years of age or older and who reside in Clark County, NV. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors and agents of Republic Records, Live Nation, the Station, CBS Radio Inc., their corporate affiliates, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, participating sponsors, prize suppliers, their respective affiliates (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and other radio stations in the Las Vegas metropolitan area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Persons are eligible to win a prizein a Promotion conducted by the Station once per contest and only once every six (6) months if the prize is valued over $600. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Station promotion.
- Each winner may be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and must provide winner’s complete address, date of birth and phone number to claima prize(s).
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Up twenty-five (25) Qualifying Prizes will be awarded. Each Qualifying Prize is being provided by Republic Records and Live Nation and consists of: one (1) Digital album, of DAMN by Kendrick Lamar Retail Value(“ARV”) of each Qualifying Prize is $10.00.
- Up to one (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize is being provided by Republic Records and consists of a tripfor two (2) people to see Kendrick Lamar in Anaheim, California on August 11th 2017 and includes the following:
i. Roundtrip coach airfare for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest from a Las Vegas area airport to Anaheim on airport departing on Friday August 11th, 2017 and returning on Saturday, August 12th , 2017.
ii. One (1) night hotel accommodations (one (1) room, standard double occupancy) at a hotel yet to be determined in Anaheim, CA checking in on Friday August 11th 2017, and checking out Saturday August 12th , 2017.
iii. Two (2) tickets to see Kendrick Lamar on Friday August 11th 2017, Honda Center Stadium in Anaheim, California.
iv. The ARV of each Grand Prize is $2,000.
Actual value may vary based on point of departure and dates of travel. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Travel arrangements must be made through Columbia Records or its designee. Grand Prize is subject to availability. If the Grand Prize winner cannot travel on date(s) specified by the Station, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected (time permitting) at the Station’s sole discretion. All other costs not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to those of, taxes, meals, tips and ground transportation to/from the airport, to/from Levi Stadium, and/or to/from the hotel, are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Travel must be round trip. Columbia Records will determine itinerary and airline, if applicable, in its sole discretion. The Grand Prize winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents, including, without limitation, passports for international travel. Airline regulations apply. If applicable, the Grand Prize winner may be required to present a valid credit card upon hotel check in to cover any incidental expenses incurred during the Grand Prize winner’s stay. The Grand Prize winner and guest must sign a Publicity, Liability Waiver and Travel Release form prior to traveling. If a prize-related event or travel is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, their sole responsibility to the winner(s) will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the prize(s). The Station and/or venue, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to deny entry to or to remove the Grand Prize winner(s) and/or guest(s) if either engages in disruptive behavior or in a manner with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at any prize-related event. The Grand Prize is awarded as is. Any certificate/ticket/voucher will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth the issuer of the certificate/ticket/voucher. Certificates/tickets/vouchers are not refundable or transferable, and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will certificates/tickets/vouchers be replaced if lost or stolen. Certificates/tickets/vouchers may not be sold to a third party.
- No more than the stated number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded. All prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station at the address below during regular business hours. The winner(s) will forfeit any prize(s) or prize certificate(s) not claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed or shipped to the winner(s), it will be with the prior written consent of the winner(s) and therefore, winner(s) assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize(s) or prize certificate(s).
- Prize(s) is not transferable, and no substitution, assignment or cash equivalent of prize(s) is permitted, except by the Station (solely at its discretion), which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value. The prize(s) are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Promotion Entities are not responsible for winners’ limitations that prevent acceptance or use of prize(s). Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have not made, and are not in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, expressed or implied, whether by contract or law, concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station managementwith respect to the Promotion are final.
- Up to twelve (25) Qualifiers will be selected as described in Section 1 of these Official Rules.
- One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected as described in Section 1 of these Official Rules.
- Odds of becoming a Qualifying Prize Winner depend in part on the order and number of calls received. Odds of a Qualifying Prize Winner winning the Grand Prize are up to 1 in 25.
- Entrant must listen to the Station to become a Qualifying Prize Winner but need not be present. Qualifying Prize Winners need not listen to the Station or be present to become a Grand Prize Winner.
- Prize(s) will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases. If the Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted by 5:00 pm PT on Monday, July 24th, 2017, or if the Grand Prize winner and his/her guest fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release by 5:00pm PT on Friday, July 28, 2017 or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential Grand Prize winner forfeits the Grand Prize and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be selected in a random drawing of all remaining Qualifying Prize winners (time permitting) at the Station’s sole discretion. Qualifying Prize winner(s) must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within thirty (30) days of winning or prize(s) will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. If a winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner(s) cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required fully-executed affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize(s). In the event that the prize(s) is mailed or shipped to the winner(s), it will be with the prior written consent of the winner(s) and therefore, winner(s) assumes the risk of its loss. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize(s) or prize certificate(s).
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). The winner(s) may be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) and will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) valued at $600 or more or for any prizesawarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) permission for the Station or its designees to interview the winner(s) (or guest(s), if applicable), to photograph, film and record each winner (or guest, if applicable), and to use in commerce and in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world, in perpetuity, his/her name, prize(s) won, hometown (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, voice, audio or video recording and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Station, the Promotion and/or its sponsor(s) for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without notice or additional compensation, notification or permission, in perpetuity, except where prohibited by law. Each winner (and guest, if applicable) agrees to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize, except where prohibited by law.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from any prize(s) awarded and participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travelto, or participation in the Promotion, or delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including, but not limited to, any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Partiesthat corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winner(s), unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner(s).
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize(s); (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (v) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals or signal interference, accidental disconnection or equipment malfunctions or any other technological problems or failures of any kind; or (vi) any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner(s) (and guest(s), if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or locationnecessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
- Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins or any other methods may void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, promotion entry services or proxies) will void all entries by that entrant at the Station’s discretion. The Station’s or its Promotion administrator’s computer or telephone system is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized AccountHolder. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who (i) is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address or (ii) is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who it believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station may disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning this and any or all future Station-administered Promotions and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize(s) of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, any competition or prize-related eventor travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize(s).
- Except where prohibited, by entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have any damages awarded multiplied or increased. New York law governs the interpretation and construction of these Official Rules and all aspects related thereto.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by July 28, 2017 to “98.5 KLUC’S Fly in July – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions, KLUC 7255 S. Tenaya Way, Suite 100, Las Vegas, Nevada 89113. For the names of the prize winners send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by July 31, 2017 to the above address marked “98.5 KLUC’S Fly in July – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and may be posted online at http://www.kluc.com.
Administrator: KLUC, 7255 S. Tenaya Way, Suite 100 Las Vegas, Nevada 89113.
Sponsor: Live Nation, 9350 Civic Center Dr
Sponsor: Republic Records, 2220 Colorado Avenue 3rd Floor Santa Monica, CA 90404